Thursday, October 16, 2008

Renovating Joe's (Joey's) Website Again

Almost a year has passed since Joe's Website was reopened with a new style. It was very refreshing from the old, dull style that I introduced a year before. I really enjoyed the new style, as it used a template, which organized things very nicely and had a much better color scheme than anything I could have done myself. I still had some work to do to get the website completely up and running, but for the time being, the website looked nice.

In March 2008, I started to get back to work on Joe's Website and started to edit information on my interests and opinions and other such things. However, I got discouraged from working on the site when a picture I uploaded didn't appear and when the template didn't look exactly the same from one page to the other. I would have liked to use the template as a frame - so that I can go from the home page to the opinions page, etc. without having to make multiple copies of the template. Unfortunately, I do not know much programming, and I have heard some bad things about frames anyway, so right now, I am in the middle of trying to take the formatting mess that is now my website and shape it into an appealing, organized website. I don't know what I am going to do now exactly - I have looked through several free templates but can't find one that I like a whole lot. I really like the style of the template I'm using now, but as I said, I don't like how I have to copy it to multiple pages. I wish I could edit that one template so that if I change something on the template on one page, I don't have to go back to all the other pages and change it there.

Oh, and I put "Joey's" in parentheses because as of today, I am renaming Joe's Website as Joey's Website.

No comments: