Saturday, April 16, 2011

Update for 2011

Hey, everyone, it's Joe again. It's been over a year since I've blogged here. Wow. Hard to believe it's been that long. Anyway, I guess I'll post an update on how things are going in my life.

Since my last post here, I finally applied to Griffin Technical College in April 2010 (now better known as Southern Crescent Technical College). I had a bit of a problem at first, as I mailed in my high school transcript with my application, but for some reason, the college didn't get it. How that happened I'll never know. I finally decided to hand in another copy of my transcript in person. A few months pass, and I don't hear from the college. I decide that soon I'll go reapply at the college and hand in all the paperwork in person at the same time. Maybe things were all mixed up because of the way I handled things. Finally, in September, I got an acceptance letter, so I didn't need to reapply after all. In the remaining few months of the year, I concentrated on getting financial aid (the Georgia HOPE Grant) and registering for classes. And as of now, I am a student at SCTC. I don't know for how long, though. I'll get into that in another blog post in just a minute.

Another bit of news is that last year, my grandmother's health went downhill, and she spent her last few months in the hospital. In May, things were not looking good for her, so we went to Knoxville, Tennessee for the first time in almost six years to visit her. Several weeks pass, and she goes back and forth from the hospital and the nursing home. Then, in July, her health took a turn for the worse, and my mom and I made another trip to Knoxville. Sadly, she died, and a funeral was held for her shortly after.

Since then, we've made multiple trips to her house in Knoxville to try to clean out her house to get it ready to sell and to get any personal things we wanted out of it. As of now, the house has been on the market for almost two months now, and a few people have looked at it, but as far as I know, nobody has made an offer yet.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that my grandmother had a will in which she left all her property to my mom and uncle in the event that she passed. That, of course, included her car. After going through the probate court process, my mom and I went to the tag office and transferred ownership of the car to me. So since last November, I've been the proud owner of a light blue 1989 Toyota Camry! It sure is a nice car in my opinion. It needs a little bit of work, but it's still functional, and any car is better than no car as far as I'm concerned.

Now, very recently, I've taken an interest in The 7th Guest computer game, Beavis and Butt-head, and old-school computers and computer software - like old Packard Bell computers and operating systems like Windows 95. Ah yes. The good old days.

That's about it for now.

No comments: