Saturday, March 15, 2008

2008 Presidential Election

Since about late 2007, I have been a supporter of Ron Paul, primarily because some of my online friends liked him, which influenced me to support him as well. I thought Ron Paul seemed like a very nice, warm man who would hopefully do many good things for our country. I liked his conservative nature, and I liked how he considered himself a true conservative as opposed to neocons like George W. Bush.

Unfortunately, I found out yesterday that Ron Paul had "dropped out" of the race. I figured it would happen eventually. Although Ron Paul was popular online, he didn't seem to have much support elsewhere. About a week ago, I decided that I would probably just vote for John McCain anyway because I really would not like Obama to be president. I just can't believe how popular Obama is. He seems to have very little experience, and he seems very untrustworthy. I think he very well could be one of the anti-Christs we will see in the future. He is very popular, which is frightening, considering that he hasn't really done much to get so popular. I first heard about him in 2004 when he became a senator for Illinois. People were making such a huge deal over him, and afterwards, people were talking about him becoming president. I was baffled because I didn't know much about him and why people were making so much of a big deal over him. I think Obama could possibly trying to lure people into supporting him, and then, once he becomes president, he may turn on America and not fulfill his promises. But then again, it may not happen, and Obama could turn out to be a great president. Even so, I am not going to vote for Obama, and I feel safer casting my vote for McCain.

No comments: