Sunday, August 19, 2012

Audiovox CTX-3100A Cellular Mobile Telephone

For whatever reason, I am obsessed with any sort of business-related technology - especially if it came from the '90s.  For instance, I like PDAs, fax machines, etc.  I tend to like business and office environments in general.  As a kid, I made my own computer out of a box and also set up an office like my dad's - with a desk (Little Tikes table), pencils, pens, pencil sharpener, phone, etc.  The legacy still lives on, as I now have a filing cabinet, two fax machines, a briefcase, and several neckties.  Why I like business stuff?  Who knows?  Maybe it's the nostalgia from the days when my dad worked at a company where he did a lot of business stuff (undoubtedly, this all started by me copying him).  Or maybe I just simply find business stuff cool.  It just seems so modern, classy, etc.


Anyway, I've gotten a bit off topic with this.  Anyway, not too long ago, I was looking through our filing cabinets and looked through the folder for my dad's old car phone, which he used in his three company cars.  I had looked in the folder before but wasn't entirely sure what model it was.  But recently, after looking through the documents more closely, I learned that it was apparently an Audiovox CTX-3100A.  Sadly, I didn't get many results for it on Google.  Although I don't have a particular obsession with this gadget, it goes along with the "high tech business gadgets" that I mentioned - although I realize nowadays, cell phones are commonplace and not that big of a deal.  Still, it just seemed kind of classy and sophisticated talking on a car phone and having a nifty-looking spiral antenna sticking out from the back window of your car.  I think I'm also interested in this phone because it was in use in my dad's Dodge Dynasty, and as I've said many times before, I love that car.  I'm definitely glad to have found some literature on the phone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post! 0800 call forwarding