Monday, March 5, 2018

God Bless Mother Russia and the Russian Pledge of Allegiance

Since thinking of the idea this evening, I was unsure of how the last line of the chorus should be for a song about the Russian Federation (based on Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA").  "God Bless USSR" was easy enough, but I was unsure what to say for Russia or the Russian Federation.  However, I thought that the line "God Bless Mother Russia" would work.

Also, last year, I started working on a story on FanFiction.Net called "Chucky Meets Full House" - in which Chucky becomes a member of the Tanner family.  The subplot of the story involves D.J. Tanner becoming a Russian nationalist, and at one point in the story, she recites the Russian Pledge of Allegiance, which I based off the American Pledge of Allegiance.  Below is what I came up with last year.

I pledge allegiance to our flag of our Motherland, Russian Federation, and to our great army, which keeps us safe, strong, and proud - with honor - indivisible - and showing our great might to this world.

Hopefully, I will get around to finishing the Full House story and the Russian-themed song parody.

No comments: